For over 20 years LEARN has worked to build a vibrant and supportive secular homeschool community.
LEARN registrants enjoy diverse benefits:
- Weekly co-op classes in the fall and spring through SCENE (Wednesdays) and SCENE West (Tuesdays)
- Classes and field trips offered in trimesters organized within the CIRCLE families co-op
- Teen social activities
- Double Digits social activities
- Community Holiday parties
- Homeschool 101 chats
- Bi-Annual St. Louis campout (odd years)
- Annual Recognition Ceremony
- Graduation ceremony
- LEARN offers a memorable, personalized commencement ceremony to honor those transitioning into adulthood. Friends and family gather together to celebrate with those wishing to take part in what, for many, is a cultural rite of passage. A reception follows the commencement ceremony. Nonmembers are welcome to participate in the graduation ceremony for an additional fee
- Annual Picnic & Reunion
- LEARN hosts a family picnic and reunion each summer. Our goal is to have fun while maintaining a connection with those families who have made LEARN a part of their lives regardless of whether or not they have continued to homeschool. Graduates and their families are welcome to attend free. Nonmembers are welcome to attend for an additional fee.
- Let’s not forget inclusion in a large, diverse, community – plus many more events organized by families within the community!
LEARN’s membership year runs July 1 – June 30. Please note that submission of a membership application does not guarantee acceptance. We review each application and may in addition request an interview with an applicant family.
LEARN has three membership “tiers”:
- Tier 1 is our Social Activities Membership. This membership allows families to attend all social activities, including Teen Meetups, Dances, Double Digits, and any other paid social activity sponsored by LEARN. Tier 1 membership is $30 per family (prorated on January 25th to $15).
- Tier 2 is our Class Co-op Membership. This membership INCLUDES access to all events included in the Social Activities Membership, and ALSO includes access to our two class coops – SCENE and CIRCLE. Tier 2 membership is $50 per family (prorated on January 25th to $25)
- Tier 3 is for our Recent LEARN alumni (families whose children have all graduated). This membership allows for participation in social events and activities for graduates up through age 19. Tier 3 membership is $15 per family.
- Beyond age 19, alumni are free, but their participation is generally limited to our annual picnic.
- If a LEARN alumnus would like to participate in LEARN with their own homeschooling children, they will need to join as an active member and pay the accompanying membership fee.
Membership in any tier covers one family. The definition of a family for the purposes of a membership with LEARN is no more than two adults, and their dependent pre-school/school-aged children, who are permanently residing together as a single family/financial household unit within a residence that is their principal home.
We understand that there are special circumstances, and we have instituted policies for non-member participants in certain instances. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs, so we can be aware and work with you.
Ready to sign up? Select the step below that applies to you:
- If you are a new registrant, and do not have an existing LEARN Homeschool Life account, simply follow the link to the Homeschool Life Sign Up Page and follow the directions.
- If you are a returning member whose Homeschool Life membership has been “parked” because you have not been active in this current year, you will need to email the volunteer registration team at email@example.com to request your profile be “un-parked.” This will allow you to use the Homeschool Life profile you previously had. Once you are notified that your account has been “un-parked,” you can go in and update your selections for Tier, and fill out the current year’s agreements.
All Homeschool Life profile updates and invoicing are done manually by the volunteer registration team, so if you do not receive immediate confirmation or invoicing, please give us a day or two. We work on a schedule and do our best to keep up on requests in a timely fashion.
Member Guests and Special Circumstances
Members often ask if they can bring extended family and/or other homeschooling friends to LEARN events. For paid member events (i.e., participation in any of our three co-ops, parties, etc.), we ask that you only bring your family members who are covered by your membership. We ask that any time you would like to have additional family/friends at an event, please contact LEARN (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance so that we can verify whether non-members may attend. If you have questions about special events where non-member fees may apply, please contact us.
We understand that there are special circumstances, and we have instituted the following policy for non-member participants.
For CIRCLE Classes
If you have family in town for a one-time event (i.e., your out-of-town sister or friend and her family are visiting for a week) and you’d like to enroll them in a CIRCLE class, you may do so (either during enrollment week or for open classes after CIRCLE/paid LEARN members have a chance to pass).
If you need another adult to POD (“parent-on-duty”) your child for a CIRCLE class, that adult does not need to be a LEARN member. However, if the adult brings their own non-member children to CIRCLE events regularly while POD’ing for you, they will be required to actually participate in CIRCLE (i.e., apply for membership and offer a class).
If you homeschool another child that you do not have custody of and they regularly attend CIRCLE events with you, the child’s family is required to apply to join LEARN and pay the membership fee for the Class Co-op Tier. The other child’s family will not need to offer an extra CIRCLE class – your class will suffice for this regularly attending child. Please note that this policy does not include daycare owners.
For SCENE/West Classes
All children enrolled in SCENE/West classes must be part of a paid member’s family. For example, if you homeschool another child that you do not have custody of and they enroll in SCENE/West classes, their family must apply to join LEARN and pay the membership fee for the Class Co-op Tier.
Get Facebook Connected!
Can’t wait to get started?! Be sure to join our free Facebook group. (Please be aware there are questions to answer to ensure you’re a real person. Please make sure to answer ALL THREE questions AND agree to the group rules)
Have questions? Contact Us